Visiting our clinics:
For the health and safety of our staff, clients, and community, signage is placed on all Meridian clinic entrances requesting visitors not to enter if they currently have any COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to persons with COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days.
Anyone entering Meridan clinics must wear a mask. **Exceptions are for those people who are either medically exempt, under 2 years of age, or under 12 years of age if there are therapeutic reasons.
Prior to or upon immediate entry to our clinics, all staff are required to complete a daily health screening check.
Prior to or upon immediate entry to our clinics, visitors will be asked to answer the following screening questions:
Can you say NO to all these questions?
- Have you had close contact (within 6 feet) with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID 19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you been out of the country or been in contact with someone who has been out of the country in the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (to include fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing)?
- Has anyone in your household experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (to include fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing in the last 14 days?
Visitors to our clinics who answer yes to any of these questions will be asked to leave.
Visitors who answer no to all these questions will be allowed to enter and work with their therapist.
We will be requesting visitors to follow our guidelines of wearing masks in all common areas, washing or sanitizing their hands prior to their session, covering any coughs, and practicing social distancing. Where social distancing is not possible, masks or plexiglass shields are to be used. When possible, sessions will be conducted via Telehealth. You may be asked to wait in your vehicle prior to your appointment so we can limit the number of visitors in our waiting room.
Meridian staff will also be following these protocols. They are required to reschedule any in-person appointments if they are unwell or are experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms.
Furthermore, we have increased disinfection and cleaning procedures in our offices to help prevent the transmission of Covid-19. Meridian staff sanitize high touch surfaces such as handrails and door handles on a frequent basis and equipment is sanitized after each use. Hand sanitizer and PPE is widely available in our offices.
Working in clients’ homes or worksites:
- Meridian staff will conduct a pre-screen prior to the appointment.
- Meridian staff will bring PPE and hand sanitizer to their appointments.
- Meridian staff will wash their hands or use sanitizer prior to each appointment.
- Meridian staff will maintain a physical distance of 2 m whenever possible. When physical distancing is not “best practice”, in the case where best practice involves close or physical contact, they will use PPE.
Anyone with COVID‐19-like symptoms such as a sore throat, fever, sneezing, or coughing must self‐isolate at home for a minimum of 10 days from onset of symptoms, until their symptoms are completely resolved. If you are concerned you may have COVID-19, please call 811 and complete the self-assessment provided by the BC Centre for Disease Control at bc.thrive.health/covid19/
We will continue to follow the BC Provincial Health Office guidelines and update our COVID-19 protocols as needed.